Blueberry Almond Pancakes
This is a yummy, weight control friendly pancake. So luckily on those rainy days you can still have a guilt free pancake. This recipe can be used from phase 2 of our Weight Control Clinic Program.
Serving size: 1
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup almond meal/flour (or finely ground almonds)
- ¼ cup of any milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 drops vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen thawed)
- 2 tsp coconut oil.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg until beaten
- Add almond meal, milk, cinnamon and vanilla essence and whisk to combine
- Fold in blueberries
- Melt the oil in skillet over medium heat and pour the batter out into 2 small pancakes
- When bubbles appear on the surface, flip the pancake and cook until they stop steaming or are lightly browned on the bottoms
- Serve immediately.
Anri van der Merwe
Latest posts by Anri van der Merwe (see all)
- 23 Feb 2018: Employee Health and Wellness Seminar - February 16, 2018
- February 2018: ‘Lose 2 Win’ Competition - February 2, 2018
- 10 February 2018: Creating Your Life Plan for 2018 - January 30, 2018