Cal= 162 per portion
This heartwarming soup is not only great for a winter’s meal but also great in supporting the immune system. It is delicious and nutritious.
Serving size: 10 portions
- 1x 410g can of chickpeas
- 1 vegetable stock block/ 4tsp of stock powder dissolved in 2L of boiled water
- 1 large onion peeled & chopped
- 2 tsp of sweetener
- 1x 410g can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 celery sticks with leaves chopped fine
- 1x 65g can of tomato paste; salt & pepper to taste
- ½ tsp crushed ginger
- 1tsp crushed cinnamon
- 1 cup large green or brown lentils (soaked in water for 1 hour) or 2x 410g cans of brown/green lentils
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 6 baby marrows cut in slices
- chopped parsley.
- Drain the chickpeas and add it to the stock, water, onion, sweetener, tomatoes, celery & tomato paste in a large pot.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until soft. Add the lemon juice, baby marrows and more water if necessary.
- Boil for 15 minutes. Add and mix the parsley in just before you serve it.