Italian Sweet-Veggie Scramble
Serving size: 1
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsps minced sweet onion
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ seeded or diced red/orange bell pepper
- 4 heirloom grape tomatoes – quartered
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- salt & pepper to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and peppers and cover for 2 min.
- Remove cover, add tomatoes and cook; stirring occasionally, until all the veggies have softened.
- While veggies are cooking, combine the eggs, oregano, basil, salt & pepper in a small bowl and whisk until lightly beaten.
- When veggies reach desired tenderness, pour the egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Use a spatula to turn the eggs and veggies occasionally, cook for a few minutes to desired doneness.