Greens and Leeks Omelette
Serving size: 1
This omelette is a great option if you’re trying to stay healthy and lose weight.
- 2 tsps olive oil
- few dashes of Worcestershire sauce (organic if possible)
- ¼ cup steamed & finely chopped collard greens
- ¼ cup cleaned and finely chopped leek (tender section only)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- salt & pepper to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the greens, leeks and water and cover for 2 min.
- Remove cover, stir and add Worcestershire.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are tender, 2-4 min.
- While veggies are cooking, combine eggs, salt, pepper, and water in a small bowl and whisk until lightly beaten. Increase the heat to medium-high for 1 min.
- Pour the eggs evenly over the veggies and allow to sit, undisturbed for 1 min. Working gently, lift one half of the omelette and flip it over the other half.
- Cook for about 30 sec and flip once cooked to desired doneness.