Avocado & Tomato Salad
Cal = +/- 210 per serving
An appetizing tomato and avo salad with a bunch of flavours that will tickle your taste buds. This is a healthy and low carb meal that you will love.
Serving size: 4 people, divide by 4 for 1 serving
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tomatoes (quartered, deseeded, and finely diced)
- ½ bunch of shallots – finely sliced
- 1 cucumber (halved lengthways & finely diced)
- ¼ cup basil leaves – roughly chopped
- 1 lemon – juiced
- 2 medium avocados -halved and skin removed
- 1 bunch of arugula leaves – rinsed
- 85.71 g black olives
- DRESSING: Combine mustard, vinegar, garlic, and olive oil in a small jar with lid and shake well.
- SALAD: Place the tomato, shallots, cucumber and basil in a small bowl; add the dressing and mix to combine.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the avocado halves. Use a small knife to remove a 1.2 cm slice of the rounded side of the avocado half. Place the avocado halves on serving plates. Divide the tomato salad equally among the four avocado halves. Garnish with arugula leaves and black olives.