Nutty Chickpea Snack
This is a healthy and figure hugging snack, plus it’s very delicious (you won’t even know that you are dieting). It is good to include legumes (like chickpeas) into your diet, this is a great way to do it! Chickpeas have multiple health benefits and helps with weight loss. This is also a great option for vegetarians and vegans on a our Weight Control Clinic program.
Cal= 80 Cal
Serving size: 6
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- 420g can chickpeas – well drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tbsp coconut oil – warmed to liquid
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 230°C
- Combine all the spices in a bowl and toss with a fork to mix
- Add the chickpeas
- Drizzle the oil and toss gently to evenly coat the beans
- Spread chickpeas out on a shallow roasting pan or edged baking sheet
- Roast for 35-40 min, turning twice, until just browned and slightly shrunken – watch carefully at end of cook time to prevent scorching.
- Cool them in the pan for 15 min and store remainders in fridge.