Legit Chocolate Cubes
Written by Dr Arien & Anri
This Legit Chocolate Cubes recipe is ideal when your cravings for chocolate get too hectic. Chocolate cravings are often a magnesium deficiency. Cocoa powder is high in magnesium and the body is actually craving the cocoa (low in calories & fat; also contains fibre & iron) not the sugar loaded chocolate. Cocoa is a super food and have so many health benefits, incl. natural antidepressant (improves mood by increasing neurotransmitters in the brain, incl. serotonin), improves endorphins (‘feel good’ chemicals), super antioxidant (therefore may help fight cancer, heart disease and enhance longevity). Try this awesome recipe:
- 1 tbsp cocoa (or add more to taste)
- 1 tbsp sweetener (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (with flavour or neutral taste)
- Optional: add 1 tsp desiccated coconut or almond flakes for a crunchy flavour.
- Microwave above ingredients until melting, add coconut/almond flakes afterwards.
- Pour into an ice tray and freeze for 20 mins and enjoy!
- We emphasise the importance of portion control (not more than one cube per day). Remember to add the calories to your daily caloric allowance.